Welcome to
Rob Girard dot com
If you see this text, then your browser doesn't support JavaScript or div id replacement.

Headshot pic Webcam Email Me! Pics Archive Links Search Tech Help

Archive - December, 2004

----- 12.05.2004 --------
Again, it's been awhile since I last updated. There's a couple reasons for that. One reason is that I've been busy. Another is because my computer is still in pieces at my place. And that's because I haven't finished my solarium yet. The floor's finally done, but I still need to do the quarter round and paint. I think I might take a day off sometime this week to do that. I just can't get the energy to do it after work. And I haven't really had any weekends to do anything. This weekend, for example, I'm in London. I came here to help put in a hardwood floor. For the most part, things went well. The floor looks great! Atleast 95% of it does. The other 5%? Dunno.... it's not done! "Bruce", the company that makes the hardwood, short-changed us! We had 6 boxes that are supposed to cover 30 square feet each. In reality, they were each about 1 square foot short! We had 176 square feet to cover and came up about 3 square feet short! What a piss off! And of course it's special order, so you can't get anymore until 2 weeks! Oh well.... we did what we could. We were just starting to do the quarter-round when I had to leave to catch my train back home to Toronto. I'm soooo tired.... I can't wait to get home! We used a nailgun to put down the wood. 3" piece at a time. I liked it much better then the gluedown that we did at my place. No mess! Atleast not a gluey one. But I didn't have the option since I was installing straight onto concrete. We had a subfloor to nail to, so that helped. Well, I better call this quits because my train will be here soon. If you happen to find this online before 4 PM sunday afternoon, then it means I've found a wireless connection. I found one, but now it's gone. Where is it when I want to upload?!??! Oh well.... Cheers!


Search WWW Search robgirard.com

© 2000, Rob Girard dot com