Welcome to
Rob Girard dot com
If you see this text, then your browser doesn't support JavaScript or div id replacement.

Headshot pic Webcam Email Me! Pics Archive Links Search Tech Help


----- 02.22.2005 --------
I just had to take a break! I've sorting change for hours now! And what better way to take a break then to write a quick update :) Change, you ask? Well, sometime around the time I moved in here, which has been 7 years already as of the 13th (!!!), I started collecting change in a big "Happy Cat" cat food jug. I'm not sure how big it is... but full of cat food it's net weight is 1.6 KG, according to the label. Full of change however, it's 48.5 lbs!!! Atleast that's what mine weighs! I finally filled it! Now, I typically don't throw in the more "useful" change, such as loonies and toonies (a canadian $1 $AMP $2 coin). But if I have too many to carry around quitly/lightly in my pocket, I'll toss in a couple. So, the majority of the change is pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters. I've been sorting for well over 3.5 hours in total and haven't even attempted to count or roll it! I can't wait! My original guess was $300..... but now I'm starting to think it might be higher! If I've got enough, I might treat myself to a pair of Pioneer SE-DIR800C Headphones. They're 5.1 surround sound headphones and think they'd be a wicked addition to my computer & entertainment system! Anyway, I'm runnig off track and thinking about gadgets again... Anyway, break time might be over. Back to the coins..... I'll let you know what the final count ends up being. And if I'm lucky enough to afford me some headphones, I'll be sure to off a full review. In case the original link didn't work, here's a link to the headphones on Pioneer's site.

One more thing before I forget. This weekend should be a good one! Jen & I are heading to her Uncle's place so I can meet him & her aunt, and then we're heading down to Windsor so she can meet my family. We've both taken Friday off and have a rental car reserved. It should be a lot of fun! K, that's all I wanted to add. OK, maybe there is still one more thing. Remember a while ago I went to a sleep clinic for testing? I went because even though I get sufficient sleep at night (in terms of hours), my body barely feels rested. Anyway, tomorrow night I go back to the clinic to be fitted for a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure). It's a mask you wear that keeps you soft tissue in your throat from collapsing. When the tissue collapses, snoring occurs. Also, there are blockages (sleep apnea) that cut off breathing for awhile. All in all, the effects can really take their toll on the body! So, soon enough I'll have a CPAP and I am looking for some restful sleep... FINALLY! Is this really possible? To acutally feel rested when I wake up? I feel I may be a little too hopeful! But if this miracle device really works (and my Dad who has one swears it does), it's going to change my life! I am so excited! More details to come in the following weeks/months. OK, now it's back to the coin sorting... for real :) Cheers folks!

----- 02.14.2005 --------
This weekend Jen & I went up to her Mom's place outside of Montreal. I was a little nervous about it, but it went well and I really enjoyed myself! It was definately a lot better then having a root canal! OK, I won't even compare the two! I say that though because now I konw what a root canal feels like. I had one this morning! It came out of nowhere pretty much! I went to see the dentist last week. OK, let me stop for a second and explain something. It had been a while since I had been to the dentist. In fact, since I moved to Toronto, I hadn't bothered to find one. Yes, that's a long time. 7.5 years to be exact! Good news and bad news. The good news was my teeth weren't THAT bad. The bad news? Well, my bottom front tooth was bothering me which is why I went in. X-rays showed something screwy with the root.... it appeared there was no blood flow. So, because it's a small, front tooth, I was sent to the an endontic specialist. This morning I had my appt. He confirmed that there was something wrong with the tooth. Something really wrong. It was dead. He needed to perform a root canal and asked if he could do it right away. Sure, why not I thought. So, out came the needles and he started freezing. The procedure took just over an hour. He drilled a small hole through the back of the tooth and went in that way. He hollowed it out and filled it. I go in on Wednesday for a permanent filling. On the bright side you can't notice anything because the work was done from the inside. But for a price! $875!!! I couldn't believe it! My insurance picked up some, but I was stuck with a good chunk of it. Bummer! So, needless to say, I've had better days! It's just a little sore now... maybe it's time to jump into the pain killers they prescribed me :)

OK, enough about the tooth. This weekend was a lot of fun! Jen and I took the train up. Her Mom picked us up and we had a quiet weekend staying in. She's got a little yorkie named "Mickey" and a cat named "Tucker". It was fun having the pets around all weekend... made me remember how much I miss having a dog. I worked on her computer for a while fixing up a few things. It's nice to be handy like that.... atleast I didn't go "empty handed" :) Jen's brother was there too so we played some XBox. Good times... even though I got ROCKED in football (NFL Fever 2004). Anyway, that's what s new with me. I hope you're all doing well. Next month it looks like I'll be travelling out to Vancouver. Part for work, part for fun. It'll be great to have a break from work! Not that work's going bad, it's just that it's work and I need some time off. OK... gotta run! Cheers!

Oh ya... one more thing. Have you seen Google Maps yet? It's sweet!!! And sooo fast! I can't wait until it's worldwide!!! Check it out!

----- 02.07.2005 --------
Before anything, I want to wish my Mom a Happy birthday! I know it's not until tomorrow, but that's OK. I love you and you're the best! :)

Now for the rest of you.... time for an update. What's new? Well, this past weekend was amazing! Jen & I went out to dinner with my buddy Blake (aka Bizlak, aka the Bizzles... lol) and his gf Mandy. We went to Radical Jack's Fondue Lounge here in Toronto. It was awesome! We had a such a good time! The first course was a cheese fondue, then came salads, then the meat entree that we cooked on a hot rock (a big HOT slab of marble), followed by the delicious Bailey's chocolate fondue. And LOTS of wine :) The meat selection I had was beef, bison & venison. Very tasty!!! Later on we had a drink or two at the Tempatation Lounge (I think that's what it was called), and then went to Croc Rock for a bit. I spent the rest of the weekend w/ Jen, including the Super Bowl. Being the big football fan that I am, we tuned in occasionally to see if there were any good commercials. And to check the score to see if I was winning in the pool I was in. Both were a bust! Anyway, it was a fantastic weekend!

Today flew by! Work was good and the next thing I knew, it was time to go. I dragged my sorry ass to the gym. Normally I don't have any problem going, but I was soooo tired! I got there and was on my own tonight. I had a good work out, but it was one I would have liked to skip. But I couldn't because I won't be able to tomorrow. I'm giving blood tomorrow and it's not good to workout... like I'd have the energy anyway! Tomorrow will mark my 23rd donation.... according to Canadian Blood Services, that will be my 92nd life I've saved :) Well, that's about it for me. I'm sure I forgot a thing or two, but it couldn't have been THAT important. So to close up, if you haven't been to Radical Jack's yet, go! It's a great experience! Call ahead and reserve the couches :) Best seat in the house... great for 2 couples! And take your time.... we were there for about 3 hours. It's not the cheapest place in town by any stretch, but worth it! K, that's all for now! Cheers!


Search WWW Search robgirard.com

© 2000, Rob Girard dot com